Tuesday 18 March 2014

Another "Bit" - Pictorial Guides to the Lakeland Fells by Alfred Wainwright

Ever since I started my online bookshop at TheLakeDistrict.inBooks.co uk I have been selling copies of the Pictorial Guides. Consistently over the years they have been among the most popular titles, both in their original format and also the second revised edition. In fact the product heading my statistics with the highest number sold is the Wainwright Guides revised edition, not as a single title, but the full boxed set. I've sold more of these than any other single item. In fact they have been so popular that some time ago I created a special site devoted specifically to them: The Wainwright Guides

Now it appears that there's going to be a further revision. It will take several years as every one of Wainwright's routes up every mountain has to be checked carefully for changes. I suppose my initial thought about this was, "Help", no-one's going to be buying the current edition now.

However, I don't think that will happen, simply because if you're going to take a Lake District walking holiday this year you need your Wainwright Guide now, not in three years time. And when you've become so hooked on Lakeland fellwalking that you come back again and again you'll have given it so much use that you'll be ready for a fresh copy by the time the 3rd edition arrives on the scene.

=====

I hope you found that interesting. If you didn't then don't give up on me. Just come back for more later. There'll be a lot of different stuff here.

No comments:

Post a Comment